- Bottle of Mustard Oil. This can be purchased at Eastern or International grocery stores and many health food stores. I always buy a 16 oz. bottle so I have a lot. The brand I get is Kissan which is made in Canada.
- Essential Oils of Camphor, Eucalyptus and Tea Tree. Do not use cheaper, scented oils. They must say essential oil on the bottle or they are worthless as a medicinal tool.
If you cannot find Eucalyptus, you may substitute essential Rosemary oil.
- A bath tub
What to do:
- At the first feelings of flu symptoms (headache, nausea, weakness), draw a hot bath, as hot as you can stand it.
- Add two capsful of mustard oil as the water is filling.
- Add (carefully!) two drops of Camphor oil, two drops of Eucalyptus (or three drops of Rosemary), and five drops of Tea Tree oil.
It is important that you do not change these amounts. May people think that more is better. Not so with essential oils. You can actually change the effects by using the improper amounts. A good example is lavender oil. Two drops is an excitant, three drops are a narcotic.
- Relax and soak until the water gets cool or you look like a prune.
- Go to bed.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I am not an Ayurvedic physician. Use at your own risk. I take no credit for this ancient remedy. But damn it, it works!